Monday, May 20, 2013

Vintage Japanese Scroll Painting Spring Hermitage Landscape by Chikusui c.1933


Here is a favorite Japanese scroll painting of mine, and it is beautiful and very detailed. Hand-painted on silk with a silk fabric mounting and bone roller-ends. Artist is Chikusui and is said to be dated 1933. It is approx. 18" x 76".

Is it not wonderful?




This beautiful Japanese scroll painting has been listed on eBay, and may be available in my small shop soon.

For inquiries regarding this or any other painting in my blog or shop, please send message to:

beautifulpaintings@live.com


2 comments:

  1. Nice, but the water is dead. Shows no movement.

    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog, it reminds me of Katsushika Hokusai (imaginary), quote:"In my seventies, I was Manji, which meant ‘ten thousand things’ or ‘everything’.
    I tried to write a blog about it, hope you also like it https://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/05/an-interview-with-katsushika.html

    ReplyDelete